Thursday, September 11, 2008

Brunswick Street


Street scene showing the intersection of Brunswick Street and Wickham Street. There are buildings on both sides of the street and horsedrawn vehicles travelling through both streets. A Brisbane Tram is turning the corner and people are strolling in the streets. Small children are standing under the verandah of a shop ca 1905.


It would be interesting to calculate how many times I waited for a bus on Brunswick Street only to be frustrated and start to walk to my destination. Then three buses will pass me by or how many times I have walked up and down this iconic street.

I have walked up on hot days, cold days, windy days and rainy days. I have walked early, evening and late at night. Walked coming home from my Sizzler job or in the days when I went clubbing or 'playing' at the Den.

I have seen this street in all kinds of incarnations and times of day. Brunswick Street has changed and stayed the same. I remember walking home from my night fill job at Coles at midnight and the 'pros' saying hi and asking how was your night.

You see a lot of interesting people a you walk up and down this street. People going to work, people doing the one night stand walk of shame home, homeless people, students. The list goes on and on.

No comments: